.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

get it?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

birthday bash

So I did in fact end up making French Onion soup yesterday. I never liked it before. I think I might now. Except for the soggy bread thing. Maybe if I toast it more next time...

This Saturday will be my 25th birthday. This means that several things will be true. First, I'll be able to rent a car at a reasonable price. Now, I understand the reasoning behind this, and true, I've never really had to rent a car, but man, I bet it would have been annoying before if I really did need a rental vehicle. Second, I'll be a "quarter of a century man"--that goes all the way back to Spring 2000 with the Footlighters...I like the way you thinch, Fink! Third, I'll be 5 years older than Chantelle, on paper, anyway--really it's about 4-1/4, but who's counting...it certainly hasn't bothered me at all so far. ;o) Fourth, my car insurance premium will likely go down, which is fine by me. Maybe I'll even be able to afford renter's insurance (which I'm supposed to have anyway...don't tell the leasing company). Fifth, I'll be as old as my dad was when he married my mom. Sheesh. I can't even imagine. Well, that's not entirely true, but let's not put the horse gun before the cart jumper. If you know what I mean.

Let's get to the point. I'm OLD. This is supposed to make me SAD. So, in honor of my coming-of-old-age this Saturday night, I invite you to Pickwick to see one or more of my shows, and then to come over afterwards to my place for a "night cap" as John always says. It'll be a good time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

/delurks

Happy Birthday Jared!

And what's this I hear about a Needless to Say reunion?

m

6/6/06 9:06 AM

 
Blogger Alice said...

jared,
i hope you had a great birthday. p.s. 25 is not old! if it is then i am in trouble! ;) my parents got married when they were 23, and i am still sooo single...so you're not the only one! but it's a different time. anyhow, 25...yiu're only as old as you feel, so live it up! Woo! :)
~Alice

12/6/06 4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home