.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

get it?

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

it's not easy being green

So I decided it would be ecologically, financially, and athletically prudent to try riding my bike to work for the summer. Chantelle tells me I'm crazy (I quote, "p.s. you're crazy") and Mom, of course, is worried for my safety, riding on the road with all the big, scary, fast-moving cars.

Well, today is Day 1 for the bike riding experiment. I start out along Euclid, forgetting there is heavy construction from E. 9th all the way to about E. 30th or so. Well, after getting stuck at about 5 red lights in a row on a one-lane-in-each-direction road, I decide I'll cut over to Prospect by making a right turn at E. 18th. Better yet, why don't I just hop onto the sidewalk so I don't have to wait for the light to turn green? It'll be so much fas.....$#*&!

As it turns out, the "hop" onto the sidewalk wasn't as smooth as I had initially thought. I took a little tumble, and have about 6 layers of skin removed from my elbow and the heel of my hand to show for it. Serves me right, though. I tried to cheat the system and got all banged up. Maybe someday I'll learn to play by the rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home