.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

get it?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

recording

So recently, I've been spending so much time rehearsing I haven't been able to do much in the way of writing new songs. This is really too bad, because if I could get some more stuff written and finish the songs I've started, I might be able to actually record something with my new mixer and mic. (Also, if you're in the market for anything music industry-related, check out Musician's Friend--they're having a big sale these days, I just got a couple things 75% off!)

I find that most of the songs I write tend to be sappy love songs and they don't really go anywhere or say anything new or exciting. But then I hear some of the songs that have been hits on the radio and realize that sometimes, in fact, probably a majority of the time, the lyrics of the song aren't what people notice and grab onto most. Maybe I just need to lighten up and go with it. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home