.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

get it?

Saturday, July 01, 2006

mysterious voices

Thursday night was our last Cabaret Rock rehearsal before opening, so naturally we were in full costume, etc. And, not atypically, there were some people just sort of hanging about watching the show, even though they weren't really allowed in the room, they would peek through the curtains from the martini bar or upstairs from the restaurant, or just stop on their way into the comedy show. Let's just say I was more worried about what I was doing to make sure I was ready for Friday than about paying any attention to our makeshift audience.

As I finished one of my songs, "Save the Last Dance," a young, female voice sounded from near the railing of the upstairs balcony. "Yeah Gu!" Well, of course this could only be referring to me--there aren't too many other Gu's out there, I wouldn't think. (If you want to know the story of how that nickname came about, ask me later. I'm not gonna go into it here.) Regardless, I looked up to the spot from which I thought the voice had originated, and found not a single familiar face. So I walked halfway up the stairs, and still found no one I knew among the group of people up there.

Basically I have on my hands right now an incredible mystery. Who was there that night? And why the hell--if she knows me, which she must--didn't she come say hi?!? For future reference, I enjoy being visited at Pickwick (or as I like to call it, my "weekend home"). If you're there, please come say hello! Anyway, the short of it is, I still have no real idea who that was. I'll keep you posted. :o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It definitely wasn't Bria and Jeff. Really.

11/7/06 3:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, you son of a silly person. It really was Jeff and I. Am thoroughly amused that the combined sounds of mine and Jeff's voices resembles that of "a young, female voice". Jeff is really quite girly after all. =)

-Bria

17/7/06 2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home